1/2 Photos of Sausages & Bell Peppers
I've been making this dish for years & finally got around to posting! I prefer Tomato Basil Sausages from our local butcher but I've also used Italian (hot or sweet) and Octoberfest sausages. Just don't use those skinny little breakfast links. The "sauce" is delicious with plain steamed rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prick sausages in several spots& simmer in a skillet of boiling salted water for 10 minutes; drain& slice lengthwise in half.
- 2Heat olive oil in skillet, brown sausages& finish cooking (about 5 minutes), remove from skillet& keep warm.
- 3Add onions, peppers& garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in tomatoes& cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- 5Stir in tomato sauce, return sausages to skillet, season to taste& cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausages & Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1513.4
- Calories from Fat 1149
- Total Fat 127.7 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 326.8 mg
- Sodium 3056.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 71.1 g