Recipe by Beeks
I love this dish .It's my favorite way to make italian sausages,sometimes I even put it in a submarine roll with grated mozzarella and wrap in foil and bake it in the oven.
- 6 hot Italian sausages
- 6 mild Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, seeded,cut in strips
- 2 red peppers, seeded,cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sausages in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Drain and dry sausages with paper towel Heat oil in a large pot and add sausages and brown well.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pot add onion,garlic and peppers and saute for 5 minutes.
- Cut sausages into chunks and place in the pot with oregano,tomato sauce and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil,then simmer for 25 minutes,stirring often.
- You might want to add another can of tomato sauce if you find it too dry.