Recipe by plunderroom
This recipe evolved out of stuff in the fridge and we love it so much I make it on a regular basis. It is a little spicy and pairs really well with French or cornbread. You can eat it alone or over rice to stretch it for a larger group. In the summer I use fresh tomatoes and add a dash of dried red pepper flakes and it is great. If you have yellow squash, toss them in; green pepper and/or eggplant is also a nice addition. Enjoy!
- 1 lb polish kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 2 -3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage and zucchini. Brown the sausage in oil on medium for a few minutes stirring often. Add onion, garlic and zucchini and continue stirring often for 5 minutes until the sausage is browned and vegetables are done but not over cooked. Add tomatoes, cover and simmer until heated through. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve alone with bread or over hot cooked rice. Serves 3 - 4.