Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is fast and easy to make and yummy. It's a big hit for either breakfast or an appetizer at a party. Kids love them and so do adults. You can either use already formed sausage patties or make your own patties from a tube of sausage. I prefer to make my own, you can make them a bit smaller and have a little variety as to what kind of seasoned sausage you use.
- 1 (16 ounce) package sausage (I like the mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagerefrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 ounces cheese, of your choice (I like the pepper jack or swiss)
- 3 teaspoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a skillet cook up the patties or form your own patties, small.
- Remove from heat and blot on paper towel.
- Seperate and cut dough into triangles enough for each patty.
- Brush with the mustard and place piece of cheese small enough to fit under the patty.
- Place sausage on top of triangle and wrap around it, covering most of it by crisscrossing.
- Place wrapped patty on ungreased cookie sheet or baking stone and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- How many this yields depends mostly on how big you make the patties and how many triangles you cut.
- For ready made patties it makes 8.
These were fabulous! I was skeptical about the mustard...but it was great! These were pretty, light and tasty all at once. I used the hot sausage as we are "spicy" food people, my kids ate all the leftovers for "brunch"! Ha! Thanks! I loved it!