Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can be made ahead. Fry off wonton's, place in fridge and heat up later to serve. This is also great as a "make your own" fondue for small groups.
- 1 package Little Smokies sausage
- 1 package wonton wrapper
- 1⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- hot sauce (for dipping)
- Slice small slivers of cheese.
- Place wonton wrapper in front of you so it is diamond shaped.
- Wet the two sides down from the top.
- Set sausage and sliver of cheese in the middle of wonton.
- Roll (or"diaper") bottom corner over sausage.
- Fold both sides in and roll from bottom.
- Seal and set aside.
- Preheat oil in a small deep fryer.
- Place wontons a few at a time in hot oil until wontons are a light golden brown.
- Serve hot with sauce.
- Recommended: BBQ sauce (Recipe# 19286), hot or sweet honey mustard, horseradish and mayo sauce or good old Tabasco.