Recipe by ellie_
7 WW points/serving Recipe source: WW Magazine (January 2010)
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
YUMMY! I love WW recipes! Who knew eating healthy could be so easy! Followed exactly, with the exception of leaving out the raisins due to personal tastes and prepping the night before (the browning etc) then stuck in fridge overnight. Dumped the crockpot in the morning, and about nine hours later I walked in to a super smelling house and if all I have to do for dinner is wilt some spinach, then hey, that's ok by me! :) We also skipped the rice to lower the points! Thanks so much for posting! This is a great repeat offender for my house! [Made for PRMR Tag February 2010]
- 6 sweet turkey Italian sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- kosher salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with Pam and set over medium high heat. Add sausages and brown, turning (8-10 minutes). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to crockpot.
- Stir in onions, raisins, salt and pepper and top with the sausages. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low (4-6 hours on high).
- Transfer sausages to a cutting board and cut each diagonally into 5 slices.
- Put half of the spinach into crockpot cooking just until wilted and then repeat with remaining spinach. Stir in sausages and vinegar.
- Serve with rice.