Recipe by Barb G.
This looked so good when the Chef was preparing this on TV. The recipe comes from Sutter Ridge Vineyards
Top Review by mermaidmagic
This is a really tasty and easy to prepare meal. The flavors blend beautifully together and it makes a pretty dish. I used both orange and yellow peppers and let them sweat in a sealed tupperware bowl. After eating our meal, I took what was left over the following day and made a frittata, which was just delicious. It was nice to enjoy this recipe in two different ways. So glad to have tried this, thank you for posting Barb!
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 large shallots
- 2 cups red wine or 2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine or 2 cups merlot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil the pepper on all four sides and ends until skin blisters.
- Turn frequently.
- Do not burn.
- Remove from broiler or grill and seal in plastic bag to sweat, about 10 minutes.
- Skin and quarter the shallots across the grain, and set aside.
- Remove pepper from bag, skin and clean the interior, discarding the seeds, cut lengthwise into 1/2-to 1-inch wide strips, set aside.
- Put the olive oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add the sausages and brown over medium-high heat, turning frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup wine.
- After sausages begin browning, puncture the skins three or four times on two sides so that the fat runs out during cooking.
- When the sausages are browned, add shallots, pepper and the remainder of wine.
- Add garlic to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Frequently stir with a wooden spoon until wine is reduced to half.
- Serve in a shallow soup bowl garnished with parsley.