Recipe by qandasimon
This is a Creamy Hearty Soup with TONS of flavor. Great with a grilled cheese on a chilly night. Recipe From my favorite grandma. :)
Top Review by Shelvin
Sorry to say I had high hopes for this recipe. I think it is written wrong as my recipe turned out waaay too watery and without flavor. I think it is supposed to be your choice of the chicken broth or the milk, not both. Didn't have much flavor, and wasted all of these ingredients. I guess I'll throw in a pizza.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, browned
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sauteed
- 3⁄4 cup celery, sauteed
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 21 ounces soup cans milk
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushroom pieces, undrained
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee Onions and celery together until softened.
- Add Sausage until browned together and drain.
- In Dutch oven combine wild rice and 3 Celsius water, bring to a boil until rice is almost tender.
- Add sausage mixture, and the rest of the ingredients to your Dutch oven and heat through until rice is cooked completely.
- Serve with garlic toast or a grilled cheese and a BIG glass of milk.