Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Sausage Wantons recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels, squeezing to remove as much grease as possible.
- Discard grease from skillet. Return sausage to skillet, add salsa, cheeses, and green chiles and simmer until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush mini-muffin cups with olive oil. Press 1 wanton wrapper into each muffin cup. Fill each wrapper with 1 generous tablespoon of cooled sausage mixture. (May be prepared 4 hours in advance. Cover and chill.).
- Bake until edges begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer from muffin cups to baking sheet. Bake until bottoms are crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to serving platter. Eat as is or garnish with salsa, melted cheese, sour cream, etc -- Serve hot.