Recipe by Brendan Z.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This simple preparation is a one-dish meal, featuring cauliflower, potatoes and sausage. Something this healthy shouldn't taste this decadent!
- 2 lbs Italian sausages
- 1 head cauliflower, broken down to florets
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cauliflower florets into a food processor and blend until you reach a lumpy consistancy.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large colander set above a collecting bowl, and add the Simply Potatoes hash browns and 1 Tbsp garlic salt. Mix together well, cover with plastic, and place in refridgerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casings from the Italian sausages, and form into 8- 5" long mounds. Place the sausage mounds onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a large bowl, add the 2 C grated parmesan cheese, and stir well to combine. Add a little more cheese if the mixture is still a little soupy.
- Using about one cup of the potato mixture, form a casing around the top and sides of each of the sausage mounds to cover completely. Bake in oven for 40 minutes. (I suggest serving with a simple gravy sauce).