1/4 Photos of Sausage Veggie Cornbread Casserole
I don't now where I got this recipe but I'm sure I saved it because it puts a combination of some of my favorite ingredients in my favorite presentation - a one pot meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed (NOT breaded okra!)
- 1Heat oven to 425ºF. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- 2In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook till well browned, about 8 minutes, stirring often. Pour off excess fat, leaving a scant amount (1 teaspoon or so).
- 3Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to browned sausage. Cook until tender, stirring often.
- 4Stir in peas, tomatoes and thyme. Cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 5Gently stir in okra.
- 6Pour into baking pan.
- 7Make topping:.
- 8Either: Mix up 2 packages of your favorite packaged brand.
- 9Or: Combine the listed topping ingredients in a medium boml. Stir until smooth. Don't overbeat.
- 10Spoon topping into pan around edges of sausage mixture.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Veggie Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.3
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 690.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g