Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good soup for the fall that is warm and comforting.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb turkey Polish kielbasa or 1 lb turkey Polish kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- Cook onion in oil in a 4 quart Dutch oven; stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in water, chervil, thyme, salt, carrots, and celery.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Skim off fat, if necessary.