Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
We love packets on the grill. This one is easy and turned out nice for us.
Top Review by Fiddler
This recipe introduced me to packet cooking, which I will do again. But probably not with this recipe. Only cooked it for 25 min and the veggies turned to mush. It also was a bit too salty, I'd leave out the salt and use less soup mix.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I use turkey smoked sausage)
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients to a big mixing bowl; stir to mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto 2 pieces of double layered heavy duty foil that measure 12x12 inches.
- Fold foil around mixture to form a packet; seal tightly and allow room for circulation of heat.
- Place packets on the grill over medium heat; cover and grill for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.