Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love packets on the grill. This one is easy and turned out nice for us.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I use turkey smoked sausage)
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a big mixing bowl; stir to mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto 2 pieces of double layered heavy duty foil that measure 12x12 inches.
- Fold foil around mixture to form a packet; seal tightly and allow room for circulation of heat.
- Place packets on the grill over medium heat; cover and grill for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
This recipe introduced me to packet cooking, which I will do again. But probably not with this recipe. Only cooked it for 25 min and the veggies turned to mush. It also was a bit too salty, I'd leave out the salt and use less soup mix.