Recipe by Kelly1966 S
This is really an easy dish to fix and pretty good. I found this off a cornmeal mix package. Thought I would give it a try. Hope you like it.
- 1 lb pork sausage or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In cast iron or ovenproof skillet, cook sausage or beef and onion until browned;drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, mixed vegetables,broth, and thyme.
- Let simmer while preparing cornbread topping.
- In medium bowl, combine all cornbread topping ingredients.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spoon batter around edges of sauage mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.