Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An economical casserole for the family. It's quick and easy. I learnt to make this when I was a beginner cook. (I also ate meat and wheat then)
- 750 g thick sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, rashers chopped
- 41 g French onion soup mix (the powdered kind)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (or use steamed fresh veges)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Fry the sausages until browned. Chop into chunky pieces and set aside.
- Fry the onion and bacon until the onion is soft.
- Into a large casserole combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Jubes this was the perfect dinner for hubby, He loved it. I used a mix of mild and hot Italian sausage and grilled them and the bacon on George Foreman as opposed to frying (weight watching) but followed all other directions exactly. Perfect cottage dinner for him and his brother. They used the leftovers the next day to make an egg and sausage omelet. We got a 2 for 1 out of the deal and let me tell you this will be on my go to list for fast, scrumptuous and super simple. I also see the versatility with this recipe, adding in peppers and other garden veggies as they come to harvest. mmm mmmm good. Made for June AUS/NZ Swap 2013