Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, delicious soup. Good as a take to work lunch.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, if needed
- 6 cups beef stock or 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise,and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh cheese ravioli
- In a big soup pot saute/stir the sausage, onion, carrots, and garlic over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add oil if needed to keep mixture from sticking.
- Add in the next 9 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add in ravioli and return to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes or until the ravioli is tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.