Recipe by -JL-
Something different to serve as a warm appetizer. Recipe uses pre-mixed baking mix (Bisquick or Jiffy). Makes a pretty swirled presentation.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked pork sausage (in the roll shape package)
- 2 cups biscuit mix (Jiffy baking mix or Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine biscuit mix, milk& melted butter in a large bowl until just blended.
- (Don't overmix or they will come out tough) Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then divide into 2 portions.
- Roll out each portion on wax paper to 1/8-inch thick rectangles, each about 10 inches by 7 inches.
- Spread half the uncooked sausage over dough, then top with peppers and onions.
- Roll lengthwise into a log.
- Wrap each log and freeze until firm enough to slice easily, about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut into thin slices and place on non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.