Recipe by belong64
A good soup for cold fall and winter nights.
Top Review by lazyme
What a nice yummy soup! I made it as directed other than I halved the recipe for 2 of us and added a little green bell pepper that I needed to use. Very simple and tasty. Thanks belong64 for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup water
- 2 carrots, thinly slice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard sausage casings. Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Return mixture to Dutch oven.
- Stir in broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes. Skim off fat.
- Stir in zucchini and tortellini; simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.