1/3 Photos of Sausage & Tortellini Soup
I wanted to make some soup on a cold day, but was tired of plain tomato or vegetable soup. So I played around with a few ingredients and came up with this. Hope you like it. I know I do. Oh and feel free to use some diced onion instead of the minced, but my dh can't handle fresh onion so i have to use the other. Sometimes i'll throw in some chopped cabbage too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb reduced-fat sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) box low-fat chicken broth or 1 (32 ounce) box low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1In a large pot, brown the sausage over medium-high heat with minced garlic and minced onion.
- 2Pour in the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to get up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, pepper, and mushrooms.
- 4Reduce heat to low/medium low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes, but the longer you let it cook, the better flavor it will have.
- 5Add the tortellini and let cook through, about 10 minutes (I use frozen tortellini so it takes longer, but would be shorter if you use fresh or refrigerated).
- 6Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage & Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 666.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth
diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion