Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful combination of rich alfredo sauce and three cheese tortellini -with veggies and Italian sausage to make matters worse (or better!). This is not for the faint of heart for calories, but that's why they invented the "just a garden salad for me" lunch! :) This recipe looks fancy enough for company but uses pre-made sauces and pasta for convenience. I have used Buitoni refrigerated pasta and sauce as well as those listed in the recipe. Using homemade versions could only make it tastier!
- 8 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- 12 ounces prepared alfredo sauce, such as Ragu
- 16 ounces prepared tortellini, such as Bertolli
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain and hold warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, break up Italian sausage and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is no longer pink.
- Add alfredo sauce and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until flavors are well blended, or until you can't wait any longer. (try to hold out at least 10 minutes).
- Add drained pasta to skillet and stir well to combine. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This is simple and delicious. I didn't have mushrooms, so I used yellow squash zucchini and it was wonderful. Instead of buying a can of alfredo, I just made some (cream, garlic and parmesan). I found that this could use a bit more kick and so I added about 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper at the end. Both my husband and our friends that were over all voted to have this again!
I love Italion sausage and this recipe is a perfect use of the ingredient. This is in restraunt good, thanks for posting.
This was very good and very easy. I can't wait to make it this summer and add fresh veggies from the garden.