I took this recipe out of The Classic Pasta Cookbook by Giuliano Hazan. This is a wonderful tasting sauce that you are sure to enjoy with any pasta choice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g macaroni (or your favorite tube pasta)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml yellow onion, finely chopped
- 226.79 g mild Italian pork sausage, crumbled
- 354.88 ml whole canned tomatoes, with their juice,coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 29.58 ml freshly torn basil leaves
- 59.14 ml fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook until it softens and turns a rich golden color Add the sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- 3cook until the sausage has browned lightly Stir in the tomatoes, season lightly with salt and black pepper (bearing in mind that there will be salt and pepper in the sausage) and continue cooking until the tomatoes have reduced and separated from the butter and sausage fat.
- 4Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- 5Meanwhile, cook your pasta.
- 6When the pasta is almost done, return the skillet with the sauce to a medium heat and add the ricotta and basil, mixing them in evenly.
- 7When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce, adding the grated cheese.
- 8Serve at once.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Tomato Ricotta Maccheroni (Maccheroni Alla Salsiccia E R
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 687.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 29.3 g