I love Mac and Cheese with tomatoes. Using Rotel tomatoes adds a touch of heat and the sausage enriches the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 2 quart shallow casserole.
- Heat water for the macaroni.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, breaking up the sausage with the side of a spoon as it cooks.
- Pour into a colander to drain.
- Add the milk and processed cheese to the skillet, cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the sausage and tomatoes and remove from the heat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions while making the sauce, drain and mix into the sausage, cheese, tomato mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole, top with grated cheese and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.