Recipe by SB6
Our family loves sausage in most any manner. I try to keep a batch of these in the freezer. The grandkids love them.
Top Review by pamela t.
Loved this! We make a similar version for sloppy joes and just add some pickle relish and mustard. This is great because you can freeze them and take them out as needed. It works for my DD when she has early morning swim team practice! Made for Football Pool 2011.
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, ground beef and onion in large pan until brown, adding Worcestershire, oregano and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat and blend in cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread on slices of rye bread.
- Place on a baking sheet with wax paper between layers and freeze.
- When frozen, put in a ziploc bag and store in freezer until ready to use.
- Bake at 325 for 15 - 20 minutes.