Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine, and so glad we did, it is a family favorite. We had to tweak it some due to allergies, you may enjoy original which called for 1/2 lb of fresh mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. We also really like the cheese on/in it, you can use less if you aren't cheese nuts like us!
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Crumble sausage in skillet, add onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Place in large bowl, stir in soups, tomatoes with juices, garlic, pasta and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add half of mixture to casserole dish, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 of cheese. Add remaining mixture and then add remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30-45 minutes.