Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Esther Martin of Lancaster, PA in the More-With-Less cookbook. Posting some of these economical recipes to help us all out in down times. You could substitute the bulk sausage below for any chicken or turkey sausage to be more low-fat.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown sausage in skillet. Drain off fat.
- Arrange potatoes, apples and sausage in 2 qt casserole.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender. You can alternately use cooked or canned sweet potatoes.
Very yummy (More with Less is a great cookbook). I found that it can be a little too sweet unless I use tart apples. I also add a little dash of cayenne for some spice.