Recipe by alisha.mills
This is my favorite way of making quiche. It is a combination of how I like my scrambled eggs and how I like quiche. I rarely salt anything if using a processed meat (very salty already), so of course add salt if desired.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb turkey breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 sweet pepper (red, green, yellow, or orange)
- 10 grape tomatoes, cut in thirds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (5 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbles
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Precut all veggies because this moves fast!
- In a medium skillet brown turkey sausage on medium-high heat until about half way cooked.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and continue cooking until sausage is 90% cooked through.
- Add peppers to pan and complete the browning of the sausage. Add the grape tomatoes and feta. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with chives and basil or other spices you like. Stir to combine and remove from heat and let the feta melt while set aside.
- Whisk together the five eggs and milk until frothy.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate if not already in one. Set the pie plate on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. In the unbaked pie crust sprinkle 1/2 the cheddar cheese on the bottom. Dump the skillet contents into the shell and then sprinkle the remaining cheddar.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture over the top slowly, allowing the mixture to absorb through. Add pepper to taste.
- Let the quiche sit while you preheat the oven to 350° placing the rack in the center. When oven is warmed, place the cookie sheet with quiche in and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.