Recipe by -------
A really good breakfast or brunch dish that serves 8. It must be refrigerated the night prior to cooking.
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs link sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancan mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 3-quart casserole.
- Trim crusts from bread & cut into 4 squares.
- Line casserole with bread.
- Brown sausage & drain.
- Cut each link into 3 pieces.
- Combine eggs, sausage, cheese, mustard, & milk.
- Pour into casserole & refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, mix evaporated milk & soup.
- Pour over casserole.
- DO NOT REMIX.
- Bake at 300F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with fruit salad & muffins, if desired.