Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a redo of an old family favorite.
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x9 casserole dish.
- Combine crumbs and broth. Press half into bottom of dish.
- Brown sausage in skillet. Drain fat and place on crum crust. Spoon rice over sausage.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and soup. Stir in eggs and cheese and cook until cheese is just melted. Pour into dish. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.