Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Breakfast sausage in a dinner casserole. Also good with wild rice instead of white rice.
- 1 lb sausage (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups warm water
- Brown sausage; drain & remove from pan.
- Saute onion, bell pepper & celery in the same pan as the sausage drippings, until veggies are translucent.
- Stir soup mix into 4 cups warm water.
- Add the soup mix & water to the veggies.
- Stir in the rice, then add the sausage.
- Pour into 9x12 casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until rice is cooked.
We make this all the time... a fantastic, easy dinner, that is packed with flavor.