Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A unique pasta tomato sauce made with the starring ingredients of Italian sausage, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Very good!
- 1 (19 ounce) package bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened & cubed
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta, cooked
- Brown sausage, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over med-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, next 3 ingredients, and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring often, until cream cheese melts and mixture is heated thoroughly.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Tasty recipe, I liked the combination of cream cheese with spaghetti sauce. Cut back the pasta 2 oz & increased the sausage about 4 oz. Quick & easy meal to put together, thanks for sharing.
This was very good, the cream cheese cut the acid in the spagetti sauce so I didn't have to cook it with a potato the way I normally do so my husband can eat it without getting heartburn. Thanks.
This was great! The basic prep is so much like standard pasta w/ tomato sauce, but the cream cheese miraculously turns it into something exciting and new! I didn't have any sundried tomatoes around, but I'm sure they would have been lovely and zippy.