Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Has sausage, mushrooms and water chestnuts. A nice change to "regular" stuffing. My family only wants me to make this one now.
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 -12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb herbed prepared stuffing
- Brown sausage in large pot. Drain.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine onion, mushrooms, celery and butter. Microwave 3 minutes, stirring after 1 1/2 minute.
- In the large pot with cooked sausage add cooked vegatables and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stuff turkey or bake 45 minutes to an hour.
- I have also baked in crock pot.