- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed marjoram leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 1⁄2 lb jimmy dean sage sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine bread cubes, water chestnuts and sausage and toss well.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter til vegetables are tender. Stir in rosemary and marjoram and saute 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Pour broth mixture over cubes, add salt and pepper and mix evenly.
- Stuff bird.