1/1 Photo of Sausage Stuffing
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to tast
- 1Saute sausage in a large skillet over medioum-high heat until cooked through, crumbling sausage.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Transfer sausage with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- 4Discard sausage fat in pan.
- 5Add butter, onions, and celery to skillet and suate until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Add to sausage, along with herbs and croutons.
- 7Mix to cobine.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine allspice, maple syrupcherries, pecans and chicken stock.
- 9Add to crouton mixture. The mixture should be moist but not soggy. Add more chicken stock, if necessary.
- 10Transfer stuffing to a baking dish and cover with foil.
- 11Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes, or until th etop is golden.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 369.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: