Cook1 hr 20 mins
Make and share this Sausage Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups croutons
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to tast
- Saute sausage in a large skillet over medioum-high heat until cooked through, crumbling sausage.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Transfer sausage with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Discard sausage fat in pan.
- Add butter, onions, and celery to skillet and suate until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add to sausage, along with herbs and croutons.
- Mix to cobine.
- In a medium bowl, combine allspice, maple syrupcherries, pecans and chicken stock.
- Add to crouton mixture. The mixture should be moist but not soggy. Add more chicken stock, if necessary.
- Transfer stuffing to a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes, or until th etop is golden.