Great recipe and a real nice treat 8)
Make and share this Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Slice tops off tomatoes; scoop out centers.
- Throw out seeds and chop up centers.
- Set aside tops and centers.
- Moisten the bread crumbs with consommé.
- Cook garlic and onion in butter until soft.
- Mix garlic and onion together with sausage, crumbs, parsley, and tomato centers.
- Stuff tomatoes with the mixture and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Dab with butter and add tomato tops.
- In lightly oiled dish, bake for 35 minutes and most of all enjoy!
Different way to use sausages if you're bored with Bangers & Mash - served ours on a bed of spaghetti, the cooked tomato was lovely and it all came together to make a great meal. Fun for our toddler to eat too.