Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great recipe and a real nice treat 8)
- 1⁄4 lb sausage meat
- 4 firm tomatoes
- 1 small minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons consomme or 2 tablespoons bouillon
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Slice tops off tomatoes; scoop out centers.
- Throw out seeds and chop up centers.
- Set aside tops and centers.
- Moisten the bread crumbs with consommé.
- Cook garlic and onion in butter until soft.
- Mix garlic and onion together with sausage, crumbs, parsley, and tomato centers.
- Stuff tomatoes with the mixture and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Dab with butter and add tomato tops.
- In lightly oiled dish, bake for 35 minutes and most of all enjoy!
Different way to use sausages if you're bored with Bangers & Mash - served ours on a bed of spaghetti, the cooked tomato was lovely and it all came together to make a great meal. Fun for our toddler to eat too.