Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Remove and discard casings from sausage.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
- Combine sausage, salt, pepper, egg, and breadcrumbs in skillet; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Spoon sausage mixture into shells, and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees, for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake, uncovered 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I loved this recipe. It was the first time I've tried stuffed shells and it was a great result. I did use homemade sauce though because I always have some left over when I make a batch. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was a really good, one-dish meal. We just found it to be a bit salty (maybe from all the processed ingredients). As suggested by other reveiwers, I may try it with mozzarella & homemade sauce next time.
These were excellent! I added mozzarella to the mixture as well. It just sounded good that way. Thanks for the recipe!