Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have not tried yet. The red wine in this sounds really interesting
- 1 (12 ounce) package bulk sausage
- 18 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup red wine
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms. Remove, finely chop and reserve the stems. In a medium bowl, gently mix the mushroom stems, cream cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the sausage and 1/4 cup of the red wine. Using a spoon, stuff the mushroom caps with the chopped stem mixture. Transfer to a large baking dish, and pour the remaining red wine around caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is lightly brown.