Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an excellent appetizer. My sister gave me this years ago. They are sooooo good!!! Easy to make too!! :)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or 1 c. shredded mozzarella and 1 c. shredded cheddar)
- 1 -2 egg (depending on amt. of sausage and size of eggs, 1 egg to 1 lb. of sausage)
- breadcrumbs or cracker meal, enough to bind the ingredients to be firm enough to stay together
- 2 (8 -12 ounce) packages mushrooms (the larger the caps the better)
- In large mixing bowl, combine sausage green peppers, onions, egg, cheese, and desired amount of bread crumbs and blend well.
- Stuff the shrooms pushing the meat inside and rounding the top to make it look nice.
- Place on cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.
- Bake@ 350* degrees about 20-30 minutes until they are nice and golden.
- Most of all-- ENJOY!