Recipe by Bev
Prepare twice as many of these as you think you will need. Your guests will gobble them up! They can be prepared one day ahead. Can also be prepared to accompany steak as a side dish.
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
Excellent! Definitely better than 5 stars. I doubled the recipe, using hot italian sausage, green onions, and the large stuffing mushrooms. I also added finely chopped green bell pepper to the saute mixture. Rave reviews from all 4 guests at dinner.
- 36 medium mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 4 ounces herb stuffing mix, crumb type
- mayonnaise, to moisten
- 1 large onions or 3 green onions, inclluding tops,chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms.
- Remove stems and chop.
- Brown sausage, stems and onions.
- Drain well.
- Mix sausage mixture ans stuffing with enough mayonnasie to hold together.
- Place caps in baking dish, fill with sausage mixture.
- Cover and chill.
- These can be mae a day ahead.
- At serving time, preheat oven to 450.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Note: To accompany steak, use 8 very large mushrooms.
- Bake 15 minutes.