Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had two large mushrooms left and was hungry for stuffed mushrooms but didn't have all of the ingredients for two of the recipes I was interested in. So I used what I had on hand and they turned out extremely good. Since I was only making two I guessed at the measurements so the measurements I have put down are only estimates but I would say are pretty close to what I used. Add more or less to your judgement. You could also use finely cut shrimp or imitation crab meat instead of the sausage but the pork sausage was really good.
- 2 large button mushrooms
- 85.04 g pork sausage
- 29.58-44.37 ml onion & cream cheese with chives
- 14.79-29.58 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml finely chopped onion
- dried parsley (optional)
- 22.18 ml of coarsely crushed French-fried onions
- salt & pepper
- Fry pork sausage with the onions until pork is done (do not leave in large pieces)
- Remove from fry pan and let cool.
- When cool add cream cheese, Parmesan, salt & pepper and dried parsley if using. Also finely cut up the stems from mushrooms and add.
- Stuff mushrooms with the stuffing.
- Carefully dip tops of mushrooms into crushed French Fried Onions or just press them on top of mushroom stuffing. Put mushrooms in muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minute until topping is brown and crunching. You made need to cover mushrooms for the first 15 minute.
- When done remove from tins and let sit for 5-10 minute.