1/1 Photo of Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
I had two large mushrooms left and was hungry for stuffed mushrooms but didn't have all of the ingredients for two of the recipes I was interested in. So I used what I had on hand and they turned out extremely good. Since I was only making two I guessed at the measurements so the measurements I have put down are only estimates but I would say are pretty close to what I used. Add more or less to your judgement. You could also use finely cut shrimp or imitation crab meat instead of the sausage but the pork sausage was really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry pork sausage with the onions until pork is done (do not leave in large pieces)
- 2Remove from fry pan and let cool.
- 3When cool add cream cheese, Parmesan, salt & pepper and dried parsley if using. Also finely cut up the stems from mushrooms and add.
- 4Stuff mushrooms with the stuffing.
- 5Carefully dip tops of mushrooms into crushed French Fried Onions or just press them on top of mushroom stuffing. Put mushrooms in muffin tin.
- 6Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minute until topping is brown and crunching. You made need to cover mushrooms for the first 15 minute.
- 7When done remove from tins and let sit for 5-10 minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives