Recipe by Lainey6605
I make these as an appetizer for our Christmas Eve dinner. There is a rich Parmesan flavor. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg white (I usually add 2 egg whites)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove mushroom stems from caps.
- Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
- In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- In large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and egg white.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.