I make these as an appetizer for our Christmas Eve dinner. There is a rich Parmesan flavor. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg white (I usually add 2 egg whites)
- 1Remove mushroom stems from caps.
- 2Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
- 3In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- 4In large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and egg white.
- 5Stir in onion mixture.
- 6Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g