Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make these as an appetizer for our Christmas Eve dinner. There is a rich Parmesan flavor. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 egg white (I usually add 2 egg whites)
- Remove mushroom stems from caps.
- Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
- In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- In large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and egg white.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.
Wonderfull,the filling is sooo tasty, also chopped the stems up in the filling. Had them for New Years Eve, will be making them again.