1/1 Photo of Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
These are a hit at my annual New Year's Eve Party. Don't forget to add the wine, it adds such great flavor. The recipe was posted in Bon Appetit a number of years ago. These can be assembled the day before and baked right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks
- olive oil
- 24 large about 2-inch-diameter mixed mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1SautÃ© sausage, oregano and basil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork, about 7 minutes.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to large bowl and cool.
- 3Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese.
- 4Season filling with salt and pepper; mix in egg yolks.
- 5Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat.
- 6Brush cavity of each mushroom cap with white wine; fill with scant 1 tablespoon filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 7Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- 8Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- 9Bake uncovered until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 196.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: