Recipe by tornadoes three
Perfect for Thanksgiving, these warm hors d'oeuvre s can be assembled a day ahead and chilled, then baked before serving.
- 3 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, freshly grated (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup olive oil
- 24 large mushrooms, stemmed
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté sausage and oregano in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and brown, breaking into small pieces with back of fork, about 7 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage mixture to large bowl and cool. Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese. Season filling with salt and pepper; mix in egg yolk.
- Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat. Brush cavity of each mushroom cap with white wine; fill with scant 1 tablespoon filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake uncovered until mushrooms are tender and filling is brown on top, about 25 minutes.