Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Great recipe; do not use smoked or precooked sausage.
Make and share this Sausage-Stuffed Manicotti With Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (26 ounce) jarsun-dried pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked Italian sausages (7 links)
- 8 ounces uncooked manicotti pasta shells (14)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in dish. To remaining sauce in jar, add water and mix well.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; remove casing. Shape each piece of sausage into roll; stuff into uncooked pasta shell. Place stuffed shells on sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over shells.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 1 hour 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; bake uncovered 10 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted and pasta is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Great different manicotti recipe because it's not stuffed with cheese. For added flavor I used red wine instead of water in the pasta sauce. This was perfectly done in the time alloted. Very good!