This is a family favorite. The trickiest part is stuffing the manicotti. It helps if you use a large Ziploc bag with a corner cut out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil manicotti noodles 8 minutes and drain; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile make the filling by combining sausage, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup provolone, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- 3Pour 3/4 cup sauce into a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread so it covers the whole bottom of the dish.
- 4Stuff manicotti with the filling.
- 5Arrange the filled manicotti in the baking dish in a single layer (you may need an additional 8 inch square baking dish for all of the manicotti or use a large lasagna baking dish, if you prefer. Sometimes I freeze the remaining stuffed manicotti shells to use for another meal or snack).
- 6Top the manicotti with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- 7Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- 8Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, provolone and parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-Stuffed Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.5
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1759.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 39.4 g