1/1 Photo of Sausage Stuffed Hash Browns #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is one of the best and easiest recipes. When I first made up this recipe, I had to make 2 runs of these crunchy little mouthful of pleasure!! The great thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you like to the potato mixture. Hot pepper, onions, and cheese is great mixed with the potatoes, then deep fried. I live in the south and everything is better deep fried!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pot with 3 inches of oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and flour. Stir to combine well. Put a golf ball amount of potato mixture in the palm of your hand. Take one sausage and carefully form the potato mixture around the sausage.
- 3Carefully drop the potato ball in the hot grease. Don't cook no more than 4-5 at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat until all potato mixture is used.
- 5Served immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
- 6Makes 15.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed Hash Browns #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 192.9 mg
- Sodium 1594.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g