Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is one of the best and easiest recipes. When I first made up this recipe, I had to make 2 runs of these crunchy little mouthful of pleasure!! The great thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you like to the potato mixture. Hot pepper, onions, and cheese is great mixed with the potatoes, then deep fried. I live in the south and everything is better deep fried!
- oil (for deep-frying)
- 15 cocktail franks, dried well with paper towels (you can also use hotdogs cut in bite size pieces)
- 680.38 g bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 eggs
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- Fill a large pot with 3 inches of oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and flour. Stir to combine well. Put a golf ball amount of potato mixture in the palm of your hand. Take one sausage and carefully form the potato mixture around the sausage.
- Carefully drop the potato ball in the hot grease. Don't cook no more than 4-5 at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat until all potato mixture is used.
- Served immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
- Makes 15.
These are wonderfull. I have kids who love eating these for breakfast. I love eating these as my midnight snack. A must try!!!!!
Was looking for something kind of quick and easy and saw this as something I used to have as a kid except potatoes are used. Simply Potatoes made this an easy recipe to use and the recipe itself made for great tasting sausage. It was much like pigs in a blanket but with a twist which made it different from the sale ole pigs in a blanket. Make sure you try this recipe!!