Recipe by lcmcallister
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is one of the best and easiest recipes. When I first made up this recipe, I had to make 2 runs of these crunchy little mouthful of pleasure!! The great thing about this recipe is that you can add anything you like to the potato mixture. Hot pepper, onions, and cheese is great mixed with the potatoes, then deep fried. I live in the south and everything is better deep fried!
- oil (for deep-frying)
- 15 cocktail franks, dried well with paper towels (you can also use hotdogs cut in bite size pieces)
- 680.38 g bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 eggs
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with 3 inches of oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and flour. Stir to combine well. Put a golf ball amount of potato mixture in the palm of your hand. Take one sausage and carefully form the potato mixture around the sausage.
- Carefully drop the potato ball in the hot grease. Don't cook no more than 4-5 at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Repeat until all potato mixture is used.
- Served immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Be careful, the potatoes will be hot.
- Makes 15.