Recipe by Cookin' in Texas
This is a recipe I found on Campbell's Kitchen website. Sweet Italian sausage and Prego® Pasta Sauce are tucked into tender green peppers for a hearty, traditional classic.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage, sweet, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 4 medium green peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups pasta sauce, Prego Traditional
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned, stirring to separate meat. Add onion and oregano and cook until tender. Pour off fat. Stir in cheese.
- Arrange peppers in 3-qt. shallow baking dish or roasting pan. Spoon sausage mixture into peppers. Pour pasta sauce over peppers. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minute or until peppers are tender.