Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A modification of the more traditional stuffed green peppers.
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Cut green peppers in half long direction, seed.
- Place in a dish upside down, cover with plastic and microwave 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Hand mix sausage with rest of the ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Place 2 tbsp of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Put peppers in baking dish, stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Drizzle tomato sauce over top of stuffed peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.